Zimbra Calc - Does it have real-time log like Google Sheets?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
yohoho

Zimbra Calc - Does it have real-time log like Google Sheets?

Post by yohoho »

My conditions,

We're starting to make a new company, it's been a month, we're aiming to take work order as much as possible. To do so we're using a Spreadsheet to recapture the work order data for auditing purposes. Somehow, I see this company will need a Drive to synchronize the data. Thus, eliminating the needs to do the monthly data recapture.

As of right now, we're using Microsoft Excel. It does not pose a problem since the admins are still in one office and the work order we take only at a minimum, we only got 20 blue collar workers atm. But, I've seen a company, similiar to what we're building, does have multi office in almost every major city. I think it will cause ineffectiveness for every last day of the month. Instead of perfomance auditing for the whole day, we're spending our time to recapture the data at first.

Why I like G Suite? It provides you with unlimited Drive, it automatically backups your Google Sheets, and tells you who edit is editing the file (minimize someone tampering with the data).

Should I go with Zimbra NE or host Zimbra Open Source Edition for mail server and provide G Suite for my admins?

I am afraid of the overhead in the long future ($10 is about 4% of an admin monthly salary, we're in Asia) and the margin we took from work order are also small. That's why I am considering not to use G Suite.