ownCloud 10.1 integration with Zimbra (As of right now Zimbra only support ownCloud 10.0 but it is doable, does it?)

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
yohoho

ownCloud 10.1 integration with Zimbra (As of right now Zimbra only support ownCloud 10.0 but it is doable, does it?)

Post by yohoho »

Hi, I need Zimbra Drive with ownCloud and ONLYOFFICE.

However, ownCloud 10.1 does not compatible with Zimbra Drive at the moment (it refused to be installed at normal circumstances) However, changing the appinfo.xml enabled it.

I am worried there will be a bugs or sort of. Am I worrying too much?
akcurate-pbl

Re: ownCloud 10.1 integration with Zimbra (As of right now Zimbra only support ownCloud 10.0 but it is doable, does it?)

Post by akcurate-pbl »

Hi yohoho,

We started using OwnCloud first, but after a couple of months we moved to Nextcloud: it has the same codebase, it's compatible with the OwnCloud client so you can migrate your client installations as needed and, most importantly, you can try many of the enterprise features before purchasing them. If you have already purchase ONLYOFFICE, I'm sure you can easily configure it with Nextcloud.

I recommend you to use the same base version you are currently using before you upgrade to more recent ones.

Which server are you using, RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu?

HTH,

Pedro.
yohoho

Re: ownCloud 10.1 integration with Zimbra (As of right now Zimbra only support ownCloud 10.0 but it is doable, does it?)

Post by yohoho »

akcurate-pbl wrote:Hi yohoho,

We started using OwnCloud first, but after a couple of months we moved to Nextcloud: it has the same codebase, it's compatible with the OwnCloud client so you can migrate your client installations as needed and, most importantly, you can try many of the enterprise features before purchasing them. If you have already purchase ONLYOFFICE, I'm sure you can easily configure it with Nextcloud.

I recommend you to use the same base version you are currently using before you upgrade to more recent ones.

Which server are you using, RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu?

HTH,

Pedro.
I use Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

I have heard about Nextcloud too. However, I deemed the features as too much. Zimbra have it, however we use WhatsApp and else. Zimbra is used just for Mail server at the moment, I do like the Calendar and Task idea. However, I also see OnlyOffice have a mail server and a CRM tools!. I am considering (I am glad to the lovely community of Zimbra OSE and grateful to be able to use Zimbra OSE) to migrate to OnlyOffice Community Edition (as the limitation simultaneous connections is placed on Document Server and not on the mail serrver, the apps I use with Zimbra & Nextcloud "I was looking for a Mail Server w/ Office capability and found OnlyOffice Document Server. I never thought OnlyOffice has Mail Server until I run Zimbra OSE for a month".

Thank you, Zimbra Community. I will use Zimbra OSE for the next 2 months until I decide to migrate or not.