Poor support from Zimbra Technical staff.

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
cyber7
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 9.0.0_GA_3924.RHEL7_64_2020

Poor support from Zimbra Technical staff.

Post by cyber7 »

I would just like to point out the poor support I got from Zimbra's Paid Portal with my MySQL problem.

Background:
I am from South Africa and we have power blackouts due to our leaders stealing from the public through kickbacks on power supplying technologies. This to the amount of more than 1Billion $! With all this disruption by Zimbra MariaDB got errors and I asked Zimbra for assistance re-creating broken tables. After more than a week's writing and experimentation, this was with the CHAT database, a function not used, but implemented, I was told to extract all the data and re-created the entire database WHICH DID NOT WORK!

Problem resolved:
1. First of all, if the documentations was correct (Done AFTER THE REPORT: Date Modified: 2019-04-02) I would have had the database and tables restored.
2. Then, to make things worse, if the so-called-"engineer" told me to run the portion that deals with creating the CHAT DB from the "/opt/zimbra/db/create_database.sql" (line 306) it would have taken me 30 seconds to fix.
...Instead he lead me on a path so dark and deep I do not wish nor want ANYONE to EVER go down! A waste of many man-hours and no resolve for paid-for NON EXISTING support.

rant over
cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers)
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Poor support from Zimbra Technical staff.

Post by pup_seba »

I understand your frustration and I'm really worried about this matter, along with others things (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=65908&p=289325#p289325). My customers also complain about the zimbra support experience they are getting. At least 3 of them, they did complaint "officialy" with an email to me and my management. The others, usually "only" complain verbally...
cyber7
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by cyber7 »

The thing that got me here was the TOTAL WASTE OF TIME and, although asked repeatedly, not a clue what I was talking about... Kept on getting me to run the same set of commands (found on the internet) over and over again...
zimico
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15 P3

Post by zimico »

The support quality is low now. Synacor must have action asap.
cyber7
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by cyber7 »

The worst of this is that I had to help them updating the WIKI with the correct info. They STILL never gave me the information asked and after complaining I got this message:

Form ZIMBRA support:
I apologize if my message in the previous email was unclear. I have provided the steps which is mention on mysql crash recovery wiki.
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Mysql_Crash_Recovery
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Database_errors_in_ZCS_8.6 (Provided the steps according to new version)

The steps you have followed are correct but we don't provide the steps you have followed just because of any data loss in production environment. The steps in wiki are tested and verified at our test environment without any data loss.
Hope you understand. Let me know for further assistance regarding this issue.

1. I gave them the link to the WIKI, which they just kept quoting
2. Then had the audacity telling me that they can not give me "untested" information when I pointed out their piss-poor support!