Help, i paid for your help

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
aldasoro

Help, i paid for your help

Post by aldasoro »

Hi,

I need help from a expert on zimbra. I have a zimbra open source 8.7 version running on a ubuntu 14.04 machine. Because of spam/hack problem i updated the server to ubuntu 16.04 but there was a error with mariadb and zimbra is not running.

I have original /opt/zimbra folder but i cannot do anything. Tried updating zimbra, in a new folder, new server...

Is there anyway to recover mails from the /opt/zimbra folder?

If anyone can do it a can paid for that service.

Thank you
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Help, i paid for your help

Post by pup_seba »

Hi mate,

Did you see these posts?
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Ubuntu_Upgrades

viewtopic.php?t=60084

Read thos in case you didn't and tell which procedure/steps you followed to upgrade. Maybe a description of the error could also help other to help you.

I don't think I have the skill to actually help you, but providing the info I'm asking may increase your chances for others to try to help you.

Good luck!
PS: Also, did you make a snapshot before any changes? Maybe is just easier to revert the snapshot and migrate using other methods with less risk, like moving to a new box via zextras.
aldasoro

Post by aldasoro »

Hi,

Problem its solved! Thank you for you advises. I have taken a snapshot few months ago, I rollback to that snapshot and after that copy actual folder /opt/zimbra over the snapshot. And running again!

Thank you
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by pup_seba »

Ohh that's great news!!! :) I'm happy for you!