Zimbra software reports

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
chelinux

Zimbra software reports

Post by chelinux »

Hi, I have this version of zimbra Release 8.8.12_GA_3794.RHEL7_64_20190329045002 RHEL7_64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.8.12_P1 proxy., is it possible to install some email monitoring software that allows us to see emails received or sent by each user?
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Zimbra software reports

Post by pup_seba »

Hi,

I'm not aware of such software. Zimbra automatically generates reports and send them to the admin account (by default).

Also, you could give this a try https://github.com/Zimbra-Community/zimbra-elasticstack

If you install the latest ES version (7.3 at this time), you'll have a little problem when importing the template as ES changed some things and are now enforcing some previously depricated features. It is an easy fix as you only have to remove the _doc type from the template (you could see other defaults templates and compare it to see). Sorry the vague description, I can't remember now which exact word needs to be removed from the template (i could swear is the _doc), but you'll figure it out quite easy I'm sure.

Regards,
chelinux

Re: Zimbra software reports

Post by chelinux »

Thank you I was reviewing the documentation and I see that you have to install java and some more things look complex suddenly there is something simpler?

Thanks