Find a sent mail from cellphone and move a copy to a folder

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
silbro

Find a sent mail from cellphone and move a copy to a folder

Post by silbro »

Hi all

I have an issue where one of my clients sent a mail with his tablet. The sent mail got deleted after 5 days on his tablet. Because the tablet didn't put the sent mails into the right folder, he can't find the mail in the folder sent when logging in via the webinterface. How is it possible to find this sent mail and then put a copy into his sent folder? I'm guessing it must be somewhere on the server.

Unfortunately I don't have any ideas :(

Maybe anyone can help me with this?

Thanks a lot in advance!
- silbro
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Find a sent mail from cellphone and move a copy to a folder

Post by phoenix »

If it's sent via an email app on the tablet then they usually include a 'sent by appname', if that's the case then you could create a filter to look for that an send a copy to whichever folder you like.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
silbro

Post by silbro »

Hi phoenix

Thanks for your reply!

The problem is, that I don't know how to search the server via cli to find an e-mail and then move it to a folder (maybe there is a wiki entry for this?). The mail can't be found in the user account when logged in via the webinterface (we tried searching there with content of the mail, the subject etc.). The reason being that the sent folder from the cellphone client didn't put it in a folder that is being synchronized to the server. So it was in a sent folder locally on the cellphone where items get removed after being older than 5 days. Do you know what I mean?

sincerely
- silbro
silbro

Post by silbro »

Maybe anyone else has an idea for this issue ?

Thanks! :)