Postgrey not working

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Blisk

Postgrey not working

Post by Blisk »

POSTGREY doesn't working
When I try to send mail I get this error.

Code: Select all

msg:	Invalid address: Mike Joel <mike.joel@mydomain.com>. com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailSender$SafeSendFailedException: MESSAGE_NOT_DELIVERED; chained exception is: com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.smtp.InvalidRecipientException: RCPT failed: Invalid recipient mike.joel@mydomain.com: 450 4.2.0 <mike.joel@mydomain.com>: Recipient address rejected: Greylisted for 266 seconds
code:	mail.SEND_ABORTED_ADDRESS_FAILURE
I have installed it with zimbra by this article
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Improving_Anti-spam_system
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Postgrey not working

Post by phoenix »

Do not post your messages in a thread that's not on the same topic, I've moved this to a new thread. What you haven't done is provide any information of your POSTGREY configuration nor which version of ZCS is being used as shown by the output of the following command (you should always post this):

zmcontrol -v
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Blisk

Post by Blisk »

phoenix wrote:Do not post your messages in a thread that's not on the same topic, I've moved this to a new thread. What you haven't done is provide any information of your POSTGREY configuration nor which version of ZCS is being used as shown by the output of the following command (you should always post this):

zmcontrol -v
thank you
Release 8.8.12_GA_3794.RHEL7_64_20190329045002 RHEL7_64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.8.12_P6.

for installation I use this
To figure out the port on your system run postgrey and see parameters:

# /etc/init.d/postgrey start
Starting postfix greylisting daemon: postgrey.

# ps ax | grep postgrey
27422 ? Ss 0:00 /usr/sbin/postgrey --pidfile=/var/run/postgrey.pid --daemonize --inet=10023

Configuring the Zimbra Postfix:

sudo vi /opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_recipient_restrictions.cf

...and add the following above any lines started with '%%'(Consider your port number). The final line should contain only 'permit':

check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:60000

...then restart (as the user zimbra) Postfix (which will re-create /opt/zimbra/postfix/main.cf)

$ postfix reload

Notes: See the stuff that get's added to smtpd_recipient_restrictions?

Changing the delay

-The default is 5/10 minutes depending on where you get your download so if you wanted it 10 minutes: /etc/default/postgrey Depending on your version/if you download the package and manually edit before you install:

POSTGREY_OPTS="--inet=127.0.0.1:60000 --delay=300"
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Post by DualBoot »

Hello,

the easiest way to do greylisting with Zimbra is to use PolicyD which is embedded into Zimbra.

Regards,