Forwarded emails are considered as spam

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
plagoutte
ZCS/ZD Version: FOSS 8.8.15

Forwarded emails are considered as spam

Post by plagoutte »

Hi,

I migrated from Exchange to Zimbra and I am totally satisfied. However, some of my e-mails are marked as "SPAM' by Zimbra (DMARC_FAIL_REJECT=9). These emails are automatically forwarded by my second account on free.fr (Zimbra server).

How can I tell Zimbra that all emails from free.fr are safe ?

Thank you in advance !
Best regards
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Forwarded emails are considered as spam

Post by phoenix »

If you used Rspamd it would be as easy as adding a domain or email address to a file via the web UI, as you still have the default components you could take a look at these articles:

https://computingforgeeks.com/configure ... filtering/
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Improving_Anti-spam_system
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
plagoutte

Post by plagoutte »

Hello Bill,

Thank you for your reply, but does the whitelist work for the sending server (free.fr) or the email sender (multiples !) ?
Jordack

Post by Jordack »

To me it always looked like Zimbra does not forward messages but rather relays them.

On these “forwarded messages” is the from address and reply to address your free.fr address or the original senders address?
zimico
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15 P3

Post by zimico »

Hi,
I think DMARC_FAIL_REJECT fired because you set up DMARC REJECT policy on DNS (internet side) and you are using split DNS setup. You can low down this score by edit /opt/zimbra/data/spamassassin/localrules/sauser.cfg as a temporary solution.
score DMARC_FAIL_REJECT 2.000
score DMARC_FAIL_QUAR 2.000
score DMARC_PASS_REJECT -0.500
score ALL_TRUSTED -4.0
Regards,
Minh.
Lewis-H

Post by Lewis-H »

1 - All my emails are out of the spam folder, all without exceptions.
2 - I used some websites like Newsletters spam test by mail-tester.com, Is Not Spam - Online Spam checker for newsletters and email marketing and DKIM, SPF, and Spam Assassin Validator - dkimvalidator.com ... And my emails pass all tests
3 - Just the forwarded emails are falling in the spam folder.

I've enabled the "Enable Sender Rewriting Scheme (SRS) Support" option but I believe it is not working as it should because I've downloaded the email header and it not rewriting the sender.
plagoutte

Post by plagoutte »

Jordack wrote:To me it always looked like Zimbra does not forward messages but rather relays them.

On these “forwarded messages” is the from address and reply to address your free.fr address or the original senders address?
Yes it is a relay, sorry. The form address and reply to are the original sender's address.
zimico wrote:Hi,
I think DMARC_FAIL_REJECT fired because you set up DMARC REJECT policy on DNS (internet side) and you are using split DNS setup. You can low down this score by edit /opt/zimbra/data/spamassassin/localrules/sauser.cfg as a temporary solution.
score DMARC_FAIL_REJECT 2.000
score DMARC_FAIL_QUAR 2.000
score DMARC_PASS_REJECT -0.500
score ALL_TRUSTED -4.0
Regards,
Minh.
Thank you for your explanations. I use the "quarantine" DMARC policy on my DNS, but I didn't use split DNS... I'm going to change the score regarding to your method, but I think it is only a temporary solution, as you said.