Zimbra Admin Hangs after Login

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
britesc
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15

Zimbra Admin Hangs after Login

Post by britesc »

Hi,
Release 8.8.15.GA.3829.UBUNTU16.64 UBUNTU16_64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.8.15_P9.
I have had a problem getting the Admin Site to open since the last 2 updates.
I can login via the https login screen and then all I get is the informative “Loading” screen.
This persist and all I can do is exit the page
I have tried refreshing.
I have the same result on different browsers and different devices and OS, so I assume it is something todo with the server end.
Can anyone please help me out as obviously I need access to the Admin site for backups etc.
Thanks and kind regards,

jB 8-)
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Zimbra Admin Hangs after Login

Post by phoenix »

An internet search (or forum search) would have given you these results: https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?qu ... ge=english

Try the second entry in that list and see if that resolves your problem.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
britesc

Post by britesc »

Thanks Phoenix.

Why do you always assume that someone hasn't performed an exhaustive search before posting.
Is it so that you can boost your own postings tally??

None of the answers from your search applied to or fixed my problem.

Should I manage to find a solution I will be sure to post it back here for others.

Kind regards,

jB 8-)
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Post by DualBoot »

In the same time you did not tell that you have done a search before posting nor that you have failed to apply a solution and which solution.
So next time I will ask my cristal ball.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

britesc wrote:Why do you always assume that someone hasn't performed an exhaustive search before posting.
For the very simple reason that you didn't bother to tell us what you had actually done or tried to fix your problem, that's why I posted the search results as you couldn't be bothered to explain your current situation. Don'tt worry I won't bother you again.
britesc wrote:Is it so that you can boost your own postings tally??
That's rather a smart-ass comment and totally unnecessary and, FWIW, I couldn't care less about my "posting tally" as you so quaintly call it.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
britesc

Post by britesc »

Hi Dualboot,

This was a reasonable question to Phoenix. As it happens virtually every time a post is made and I was interested as to the reasons.
Many times that Phoenix posts a search link it may well help people, and credit where credit is due.

In this case this member had spent some time researching and was unable to find a solution, so was hoping someone may have come across it before and knows how to remedy the issue.
You have by leaping to answer for Phoenix totally misunderstood and at the same time totally proven my question. You have increased your posting count without actually providing any sort of beneficial response.

Lastly although not a mitigating factor on my behalf, I am disabled and partially sighted, so spending more than a few minutes at a time researching and reading crap causes me severe pains in my head.

Kind regards,

jB 8-)
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Post by DualBoot »

Lastly although not a mitigating factor on my behalf, I am disabled and partially sighted, so spending more than a few minutes at a time researching and reading crap causes me severe pains in my head.
I can understand your problem, but we are not aware of each personnal situation.

To be able to help you, it is necessary that you could provide more precision, like log trace when you are trying to log in. You will find these log into /var/log/zimbra.log , /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log and /opt/zimbra/log/zmmailboxd.out

Regards,