External address sending through my server

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Darkhalf

External address sending through my server

Post by Darkhalf »

Hi,
Got Zimbra 8.8.15 OSE installed 2 month ago. Everything was fine before yesterday. Some spammers used server as relay to send mass spam and also somehow sending through our network gateway.
Tried everything I found here, in Zimbra wiki and in the internet.
even activated and configured Cbpolicyd to block sending from unknown domains, but still... see attached screenshot.
Could someone help resolve?
problem.PNG
problem.PNG (9.86 KiB) Viewed 1999 times
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: External address sending through my server

Post by phoenix »

Your server is either an open relay or you have a compromised account(s), you're going to have to look in the logs for further information (after you've checked if it's an open relay, or not).
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Darkhalf

Post by Darkhalf »

I've checked accounts before wrote here. Everything looks fine, amount is between 5 to 50, depends on user and it's notmal.
is there a way to bulk change passwords on all accounts or force users to change it? (it's about 500 :( )

in web console relay settings are empty, in both global settings and server configuration. How to check from server console?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Darkhalf wrote:in web console relay settings are empty, in both global settings and server configuration. How to check from server console?
I didn't say your server was relaying mail, I said it might be an "open relay", try one (or more) of the tests you'll find here:https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?qu ... ge=english
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
Darkhalf

Post by Darkhalf »

phoenix wrote:I didn't say your server was relaying mail, I said it might be an "open relay", try one (or more) of the tests you'll find here:https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?qu ... ge=english
Tested and it open-relay :?
how to resolve it?
wentum
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 9.0.0.GA.3924 _P30

Post by wentum »

Darkhalf wrote:Hi,
Got Zimbra 8.8.15 OSE installed 2 month ago. Everything was fine before yesterday. Some spammers used server as relay to send mass spam and also somehow sending through our network gateway.
Tried everything I found here, in Zimbra wiki and in the internet.
even activated and configured Cbpolicyd to block sending from unknown domains, but still... see attached screenshot.
Could someone help resolve?
problem.PNG
Hello,
what do you think this pic can tell us?

Anyway...

Do

su - zimbra
mailq|less

and then look if there is someting notable..

Regards
Joerg
Darkhalf

Post by Darkhalf »

wentum wrote: Hello,
what do you think this pic can tell us?

Anyway...

Do

su - zimbra
mailq|less

and then look if there is someting notable..

Regards
Joerg

mail queue is empty for now.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Darkhalf wrote:Tested and it open-relay :?
how to resolve it?
You really should search for an answer to your problems before posting.

Zimbra, by default, is not an open relay so you must have made modifications to it so that it's become an open relay. Look at some of these comments and make sure ZimbraMtaMyNetworks is correctly configured : https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?qu ... ge=english
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
Darkhalf

Post by Darkhalf »

phoenix wrote:You really should search for an answer to your problems before posting.

Zimbra, by default, is not an open relay so you must have made modifications to it so that it's become an open relay. Look at some of these comments and make sure ZimbraMtaMyNetworks is correctly configured : https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?qu ... ge=english
thanks for advice. I think found all I need and problem itself. Sorry, for maybe dumb topic, I'm very new with zimbra and even did not know what to search.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Darkhalf wrote:
phoenix wrote:You really should search for an answer to your problems before posting.

thanks for advice. I think found all I need and problem itself. Sorry, for maybe dumb topic, I'm very new with zimbra and even did not know what to search.
That's OK, I'm glad you have a solution. :)
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra