zimbra services not running

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
josuaqvo

zimbra services not running

Post by josuaqvo »

hello i need help my instalation zimbra email server.

my problem is not running service

Host fxsuit.support
amavis Running
antispam Running
antivirus Stopped
zmclamdctl is not running
dnscache Running
imapd Running
ldap Running
logger Running
mailbox Running
memcached Running
mta Running
opendkim Running
proxy Running
service webapp Running
snmp Running
spell Running
stats Running
zimbra webapp Running
zimbraAdmin webapp Running
zimlet webapp Running
zmconfigd Stopped
zmconfigd is not running.
[zimbra@mail ~]$ zmconfigdctl status
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: zimbra services not running

Post by phoenix »

Try looking in the log files (you'll find details of those in the wiki) for any errors and also try a forum search.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
josuaqvo

Post by josuaqvo »

I install it for the first time and I can't find the logs, can you advise me where exactly the logs are stored
josuaqvo

Post by josuaqvo »

the server as well as works also receives and sends e-mails, but they do not deliver as if they got lost somewhere, when I send an e-mail from the server, I do not receive it, and when I send an e-mail, it happens without problems.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

josuaqvo wrote:I install it for the first time and I can't find the logs, can you advise me where exactly the logs are stored
I mentioned that they were in the wiki, search reveals their location: https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?qu ... ge=english
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

josuaqvo wrote:the server as well as works also receives and sends e-mails, but they do not deliver as if they got lost somewhere, when I send an e-mail from the server, I do not receive it, and when I send an e-mail, it happens without problems.
Then you also need to look in the log files for information about what's happening to the mail.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
josuaqvo

Post by josuaqvo »

I would like to, but I'm installing it for the first time and I don't know where I have to search for all logs and especially where I have to set up smtp or why I don't receive emails to email addresses where I sent it
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Did you read the Installation Requirements in the Product Documentation? Do you have a valid hosts file and valid DNS A & MX records? Are you behind a NAT router or Firewall and did you read the Split-DNS article in the wiki? Which distribution are you using? Have you disabled the firewall & SElinux on your server? All of this is fairly straightforward and the installation documentation isn't that hard to understand.You really need to give us more detailed information than 'it's not working'.

BTW, I gave you a search link that gives you the details of the log files and their location.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
josuaqvo

Post by josuaqvo »

the server is running at poratly njal.la firewall is not there and selinux is disabled. I followed this guide https://www.linuxtechi.com/install-open ... -centos-7/
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

.... and? How about giving us some information that you've actually done all the steps in that tutorial. Mind you, that doesn't mention the localhost entry for your hosts file, you will need that and you should provide the contents of that file. Are you behind a NAT router or do you have a public IP and how about some evidence that your DNS records are correct?
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra