ZimbraCS + VDO

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
ealvarado

ZimbraCS + VDO

Post by ealvarado »

Im planing a deploy of Zimbra 8.8.15 + Centos 8 with vdo + LVM, what I should take care off
Please give me some advise

Thanks
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: ZimbraCS + VDO

Post by phoenix »

ealvarado wrote:Im planing a deploy of Zimbra 8.8.15 + Centos 8 with vdo + LVM, what I should take care off
Please give me some advise

Thanks
How about reading the Installation Instructions and Product Documentation first?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
ealvarado

Re: ZimbraCS + VDO

Post by ealvarado »

I think I do a poor post, sory, this is what I done so far..
I made a new vm (cpu 2x2, 4GB ram, and one hd 40GB) I install Centos 8, installed somo utilities (sshd, bind-utils, etc), add 2 hdd 10GB each and configured with VDO and LVM, thats work great!!!! ends with a Volume of 19.9GB with deduplication and compresion and works great, but then I try to increase the space, so turn off the system and add 5GB to each disck, I see the physical 5GB free space, but cant make that reflect on the logical volume, maybe because I put the VDO without made a partition first, I read some post where thay said to increase the partition with fsik but says no partition in my case.
Another way may be adding disks instead of space, but what happens if I configured tiering, I make that, so, if we add two more disks the tier will re arrange????
But that is what I post on centos forum
Here, I like to know how vdo works with zimbra, because on /opt there is no only files, so, im looking for that
If someone else put this two together and waht happens with that
But thanks in advance

Emilio