How to disable local delivery for domain.

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
1241tejas

Postby 1241tejas » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:18 am

We have hundreds of domain hosted on Zimbra server. Suppose I want to shift domain1.com from the server to other server. I update MX records.

There also domain2.com hosted on Zimbra server. If any users from domain2.com sends mail to domain1.com it delivers locally. I want to deliver it to the server which serves as MX for the domain instead of delivering locally.

This means I want to keep the domain on the server but want to disable the local delivery for the that domain.

15337Raunaq
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby 15337Raunaq » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:34 am

Hey Tejas,
you can check zimbraPrefMailLocalDeliveryDisabled option in zmprov
1241tejas

Postby 1241tejas » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:36 am

Raunaq, thanks for your reply,

The option zimbraPrefMailLocalDeliveryDisabled decides whether mail should be stored locally if the forwarder is set for that email ID.

I want the setup where there are multiple domains on the single zimbra server and if user from one domain sends and an email to user of another domain it should be delivered by checking proper mx record.

Basically what happens if the both domains are on the same server mails are delivered locally. What if I want to keep the setup of domain on zimbra server but want to shift the domain to another service provider like google apps.
mhammett
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.6.0.GA.1153.UBUNTU14.64 U

Re: How to disable local delivery for domain.

Postby mhammett » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:50 pm

I'm looking for this as well.
DualBoot
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.7.11 Mutli servers

Postby DualBoot » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:16 am

Hello,

Why do not set up a spli-domain ?

Regards,
mhammett
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.6.0.GA.1153.UBUNTU14.64 U

Postby mhammett » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:31 pm

Maybe I misunderstand, but split domain seems to be when you want to forward outgoing messges to a specific mail server. I (and from what I can infer, the OP as well) want to send outgoing messages to any server on the Internet, as designated by that domain's MX record. I don't want any local delivery for that domain. The intention of that domain is simply to authenticate local users (more accurately local automated programs) for remote delivery.

The domain does exist for full send\receive elsewhere. No, the local users I'm referring to can't just relay through that server.

Return to “Administrators”