Hardware guidelines?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
billybofh
Advanced member
Advanced member

Hardware guidelines?

Post by billybofh »

message removed temporarily
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Hardware guidelines?

Post by 14319KevinH »

In a previous post I mentioned:
[QUOTE]- To give you some idea on a dual cpu with multiple external disks we can support more than 5000 users with a *light* usage profile. Send 3-5 msgs/day and receive up to 10 on avg.

- The same server could support approx 1300 *heavy* users for this we use a wall street trader type profile where avg 50 sends per day 60 receives.

[/QUOTE]
Your profile seems even more aggressive than what I call a *heavy* user. But depends more on the avg sends/receives per day. I still think you could handle this load on a dual cpu server, with plenty or RAM (4GB +) to help keep the mailboxes and DB in memory cache. In general the system will be IO bound so if you get good disks(and lots of them) you shouldn't need more servers for the load. You'd just want a server or two for redundancy/clustering.

One thing to remember is we are still in beta. We've got more testing and tuning to do. We also don't have any *official* sizing guide yet, this will come once we get out of the beta phase.
billybofh
Advanced member
Advanced member

Hardware guidelines?

Post by billybofh »

Message removed temporarily