Small pilot fetchmail / sendmail migration?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
ljfrench

Post by ljfrench »

Hello everyone!

I'm an information systems guru with moderate linux (FC2) experience. I'm not so well versed in linux mail systems so I apologize in advance if this question seems a little simple.
I currently have my own mail server setup using fetchmail to retrieve mail from all my pop3 accounts (I have about 17 accounts on various services, all having specific purposes). I use sendmail as my mta and log into the server to retrieve my mail.
I am interested in migrating to FC3 and Zimbra. I have a few small requirements and I want to make sure this can be done before I go and screw up my mail system.
I need to be able to continue to retrieve my pop3 email from multiple accounts and collect them into one account on the system. Will I be able to use Zimbra with the ONE account and still use fetchmail to collect my pop3 mail?
Second, I use domain masquerading. My server is xyz.dyndns.org masquerading as http://www.xyz.com (fake domains, but I own the .com domain). Will I still be about to masqueade using Zimbra? In other words, although xyz.dyndns.org is my server, I need mail sent out to appear to come from xyz.com).
Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

Len
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Post by marcmac »

we support masquerading - check the docs for the catchAllCanonical* attributes, which will show you how to set it up. (per-account masquerading is also supported, in addition to per domain.)
ljfrench

Post by ljfrench »

Alright! I have setup Zimbra on FC3 and it works fine, however I am missing something in the documentation. I have three questions:
1) Since ZCS was installed, all incoming mail from fetchmail is rejected and flushed. Where (what acct or config) should fetchmail be transferring the mail to?
2) I can't find "catchAllCanonical" anywhere. Can you at least tell me what config file to find it in? I couldn't find any documentation explaining how to set up masquerading either. Can you help me out?
3) How do I set up transferring mail out of the system? Previously, I had sendmail setup to transfer mail through my ISP's smtp server. How can I set up ZCS?
Thanks for your help! While these questions may seem trivial to some, I am quite eager and willing to do the work and learn as much as possible.
ljfrench