Getting started

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
DaveyBob

Getting started

Post by DaveyBob »

I'm quite the newbie on this stuff, so bear with me.
I'd like to set up a Zimbra server. I've got DSL at home via Earthlink, but I'm betting they won't let me set up an email server. Anybody know if that's true?
If that's the case, where can I have it hosted?
gfdos.sys
Advanced member
Advanced member

Getting started

Post by gfdos.sys »

you can use NO/IP software to set the link up for a mail box with an external address like: servername.noip.com

where noip.com is one of several that noip offers for free.
take a look at the details here:

good">http://www.no-ip.com
good luck,

Gabe
DaveyBob

Getting started

Post by DaveyBob »

So the idea is that I get myself a dynamic DNS address, which will point to my machine on my DSL link, and it'll move automatically when DSL changes my IP address?
And that lets me bring up an email server at home...cool.
jerrygarcia4295

Getting started

Post by jerrygarcia4295 »

I have an email server set up on my cable connection, but a lot of ISPs reject mail from me because I'm on non permanent IP space.
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Getting started

Post by marcmac »

[quote user="jerrygarcia4295"]I have an email server set up on my cable connection, but a lot of ISPs reject mail from me because I'm on non permanent IP space.[/QUOTE]
That's pretty common. One way around it is to set zimbra to relay all mail through your ISPs mail gateway (the relay_host parameter, accessible through the mta tab on the admin console).