Zimbra and Samba

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
marciomello

Zimbra and Samba

Post by marciomello »

Guys, I have successully installed zimbra in a fedore 4 machine. Now I have a tremendous doubt... Since today I use a w2k3srv+AD+Exchange2003, Im wiling to migrate to a linux box with samba as a domain controller, sharing zimbra's OpenLDAP, All in the same machine.

Is it possible to do it? Will I be able to have the same user to authenticate to both zimbra anda samba (Domain Controller) at the same time? Or will I need to create 2 users?

Will that be done by using samba's swat, or zimbra's admin page?

Thanks,

Marcio
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zimbra and Samba

Post by 14319KevinH »

We have not tested this yet inside Zimbra, although there's nothing stopping you from trying. Samba supports LDAP so you should be able to configure it in such a way that the Zimbra LDAP also serves as a LDAP master for your Samba install.
naiknb

Zimbra and Samba

Post by naiknb »

Hi Guys,
I just recently installed Zimbra on CentOS4 and its working great. Not issues. Now as every administrator wants to throw away MS-SBS I too want to. But problem using Zimbra is I will end up with another account for Samba. Yes I know I can use Zimbra LDAP for that purpose but the details collected in Zimbra LDAP no where stores users home directory. Is there any way out there. Any help v.much appreciated....

Thanks
Nilesh