Configuration Questions

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
ehults

Configuration Questions

Post by ehults »

It appears you are not using the default ClamAV config file. How do I shut off the AV e-mails to the users?

How do I get zimbra.log to rotate? It's 54 MB (after 3 days) & difficult to find things in.

Thanks

Bill
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Configuration Questions

Post by 14319KevinH »

There should be cornjobs in zimbra by default to rotate the logs.
ehults

Configuration Questions

Post by ehults »

The crontab for the zimbra users rotates the logs in /opt/zimbra/log. There is nothing I could find to do /var/log/zimbra. I added an entry to the syslog log rotate entry which I think will do it.
edlinux

Configuration Questions

Post by edlinux »

Hello All.

I'm new in here but wish to know more about Zimbra. Unluckily, I dont have FC4 nor RedHat.

I'm a Suse 9.3 box. With my exposure, I believe Suse 9.3 is more like FC4 and as I install Zimbra things flow well untill when it comes to starting servers; same issues as from those guys using FC4 but would like to be drilled through again. Below is what happens from the step of 'Starting Servers' ...
Starting servers...Calling GetServiceInfoRequest (edmonds.linuxsolutions.co.ug)
RESPONSE: (Zimbra::Mon::serviceInfo)

host

ip 127.0.0.2

name edmonds.linuxsolutions.co.ug

done

ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException edmonds.linuxsolutions.co.ug:389)

syslogd: no process killed
Installation complete!
Operations logged to /tmp/install.log.9215
Everything moves fine until upto there!!
Help me out on how I should begin, like I know nothing. Sure.

Thanks, Edmonds
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Configuration Questions

Post by marcmac »

ldap's not running, or not initialized - check /tmp/install.log.$$ for errors.
FWIW, it's possible to make it run on SuSE (I've done it, though not on the released codebase). You may have to walk through the postinstall sequence in the install.sh shell script line by line to find potential problems, and some of the 3rd party stuff we ship may need re-compiling. (ldd slapd may be your ldap problem).
16419itguy

Configuration Questions

Post by 16419itguy »

I fought through the ldap issue for several days and found that I didn't have the correct version of libbind.so.3 and its dependancies installed. If you turn on debugging in the zimbra/conf/sldap.conf it will tell you if that is the reason it is unable to start ldap.