True 'push' email with Zimbra

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

For anyone that's interested, you can achieve the same 'push' features that Blackberry & Exchange 2003 (SP2) have. I have tested this with the current version of Zimbra and a Treo 650 (also works with a Treo 600) and an email client called ChatterEmail (ChatterEmail is exclusively for the Treo 600/650) from here http://www.chatteremail.com - email arrives in the Zimbra and, voila, almost instantly on your phone/PDA. :D
There may, of course, be other solutions to this but I thought someone might be in the same position as me and needing instant email notification - at a relatively low cost with Zimbra & ChatterEmail. :)
Regards
Bill
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

Thanks for the link. I assume your using IMAP and since we send notifications of new mail if connected via IMAP this makes the user experience very friendly.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Yes, I've been using IMAP and it's a much more pleasant experience than the current AUTD with Exchange 2003 which I've been using. The 'push' email in Exchange 2003 that comes with SP2 is still a way off yet and Zimbra is much easier to set-up. :)
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra