Is it possible to integrate Zimbra web client to legacy IMAP server?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
13445raj
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 13445raj »

Zimbra will give you All Solutions in 1 Package with 1 Install. So i dont need spend hours patching up all the required components to work they way i want and in the end i dont have the Cool Web Interface i need.

Migrating to Zimbra is personal choice..
We will move 20,000 email users from our hosting platform to Zimbra once we ready and Zimbra is stable..not a big hassel..just do it right and you will reap the benifits of zimbra..

i dont work at Zimbra....lol...and again its personal choice what works for you and what you know...cheers
Raj S Vrach

i2k2systems.com
billybumbler

Post by billybumbler »

[quote user="13445raj"]Zimbra will give you All Solutions in 1 Package with 1 Install. So i dont need spend hours patching up all the required components to work they way i want and in the end i dont have the Cool Web Interface i need.

Migrating to Zimbra is personal choice..
We will move 20,000 email users from our hosting platform to Zimbra once we ready and Zimbra is stable..not a big hassel..just do it right and you will reap the benifits of zimbra..

i dont work at Zimbra....lol...and again its personal choice what works for you and what you know...cheers
Raj S Vrach

i2k2systems.com[/QUOTE]

Hi.
It is worth to think not only about the installation. It is worth to think about freedom of data and team collaboration. There are several other solution available and a deep look in terms of features and functions should be taken. Roundcube is a cool solution for any imap compliant server and open-xchange offers much more than mail and a calendar. the underlying postfix is included in the installation package but whats with support of postfix after the installaton?
Whats about exim and courier, qmail and cyrus? I am curious what happens if the mail backend is not able to scale for 20.000 users like you expect and you want a more scalable solution which is obviously available ...
Regards,
Jimmy
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="franck59d"]our server already do cool functionality (Search, Shared Calendar, Collaboration, ...)[/QUOTE]
Franck,
May I ask what server your using? If you look in our source you'll see a file soap.txt. All you need to do is have your server speak that SOAP interface. If you don't have a SOAP api on your server then like you posted you'd need a SOAP -> your server API convertor to implement the needed functionality.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

Here's a post by Roland one of the founders on why we wrote our own server:

It's">http://oompahzing.blogspot.com/2005/10/ ... erver.html
It's more than IMAP, search and the nifty things mentioned in this thread. Our server is designed to do some things that Cyrus and the other IMAP servers just don't do.
franck59d

Post by franck59d »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]Franck,
May I ask what server your using? If you look in our source you'll see a file soap.txt. All you need to do is have your server speak that SOAP interface. If you don't have a SOAP api on your server then like you posted you'd need a SOAP -> your server API convertor to implement the needed functionality.[/QUOTE]
we buid a server with postfix and cyrus on it. we build it with our little finger ;-)
we have in production 4 servers (running the same domain) for 40 000 mail box (for business people) and for a other client a lot of server for 18 000 000 mail box (but without walendar and sharing tools .. it for a public FAI ...).
so we knox the avantage of our server ... it's a very strong one ...
but we now that our webmail is not very pretty ;-)
so we need one with calendar, addressBook, sahing tools and other ...
Franck
franck59d

Post by franck59d »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]Here's a post by Roland one of the founders on why we wrote our own server:

It's">http://oompahzing.blogspot.com/2005/10/ ... erver.html
It's more than IMAP, search and the nifty things mentioned in this thread. Our server is designed to do some things that Cyrus and the other IMAP servers just don't do.[/QUOTE]
other server (with imap-server) do some things that cyrus and the other IMAP servers just don't do
for exemple our server (i don't sell it ;) ) do search in attachment ... imap server don't ... but we use a imap server