Archiving Mail

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
scalper
Advanced member
Advanced member

Archiving Mail

Post by scalper »

any specific instructions / commands? :)
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Archiving Mail

Post by 14319KevinH »

rrojas

Archiving Mail

Post by rrojas »

I'm a little confused.... all my COS has set a value for the spam and trash messages age (7 days), i believe that the action is to delete all messages from the folders spam and trash older than 7 days but i still had messages older than that..... so, what's the objective for this parameter ??
[quote user="14319KevinH"]On each server there is a Volumes tab. You set up your volumes there. Best way to verify is to check the archive dir after the age has past.[/QUOTE]
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Archiving Mail

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="rrojas"]I'm a little confused.... all my COS has set a value for the spam and trash messages age (7 days), i believe that the action is to delete all messages from the folders spam and trash older than 7 days but i still had messages older than that..... so, what's the objective for this parameter ??[/QUOTE]

Yes, that what those COS values do. Which version are you one? Does your server run 24/7? The old messages are cleaned out overnight.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
rrojas

Archiving Mail

Post by rrojas »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]Yes, that what those COS values do. Which version are you one? Does your server run 24/7? The old messages are cleaned out overnight.[/QUOTE]
Version: 3.1.3_GA_474.RHEL4 09-jun-2006. It's run 24/7. But i'm still having this problem. How can i check what's wrong?
Regards.

Rigo
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Archiving Mail

Post by phoenix »

Have a look in /opt/zimbra/log/zimbra.log and see if zimbra user auth failed appears, if it does then you've hit bug 8716 If that's it you can edit the script, it was fixed in later releases of zimbra.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
mansuper
Advanced member
Advanced member

Archiving Mail

Post by mansuper »

Hi
My question is also on archiving emails. Based on the previous discussions, I can see that even the archived emails come under the email box quota.
Since I have upgraded to Zimbra 4.0.1 I have the following question.
My user is using Zimbra Outlook connector and reached 1900mb of his mailbox size. He donot want to delete any of his emails and right now we have not yet decided to upgrade to the latest version of Zimbra which supports beyond 2GB mail box accounts in using the Outlook connector.
Is there any way to archive the old emails so that the archived emails doesn't come under the mailbox size so that the user can use Outlook for accounts of more than 2 GB?
Advanced thanks
rholbert

Archiving Mail

Post by rholbert »

I have a SAN partition mounted on a directory called /san
I used sudo chmod zimbra:zimbra /san to change ownership of /san to the zimbra user and the zimbra group
From my Zimbra Admin web site on port 7071 I went to Configuration > Servers > myserver
I clicked on Volumes > Add New Volume
I used message2 for the Volume Name, and /san for the Volume Root Path.
I selected Secondary Message for the type via the drop down box and kept the default settings of Compress Blobs and 4096 for the Compression Threshold (bytes). I then clicked Make Current.
I also kept the default setting of 30 Days for the Message age threshold.
rholbert

Archiving Mail

Post by rholbert »

I added the following to the end of zimbra's crontab using crontab -e
# HSM

0 2 * * * /opt/zimbra/bin/zmhsm --start
This will run every morning at 0200.