About Developer Builds(M2 -> M3)

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Phantasmagoria
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Phantasmagoria »

The upgrade is smooth, but 2 things...

- After upgraded, it said the libphp5.so cannot find, so cannot start httpd, I found that I need copy exisiting file from exsiting apache /modules folder to Zimbra one to get it works...

- I cannot login to admin console, it said authentication failed, but I can login client page using admin account...2 different password?? Or it will reset admin password during the upgrade? PLS HELP!!!
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

Are you on FC4? Seems an issue with the php lib. Your workaround is corect. Just copy it.
Did you try to clear your browser cache prior to login on the admin UI?
Phantasmagoria
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Phantasmagoria »

Yes, FC4!

I tried it is same...anyway my FF broswer cache always set to zero..., but IE 6 is ok.
Phantasmagoria
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Phantasmagoria »

And...it will overwrite the conf file to default...like server.xml and web.xml under tomcat, I need to edit the port again...., main.cf under postfix, need re-enter all info. again...I hope this will improve in future...

Anyway it solved most of problems I post here before... :)
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="Phantasmagoria"]And...it will overwrite the conf file to default...like server.xml and web.xml under tomcat, I need to edit the port again...., main.cf under postfix, need re-enter all info. again...I hope this will improve in future...

Anyway it solved most of problems I post here before... :)[/QUOTE]
Can you tell us what exactly you are editing in web.xml/serverl.xml and main.cf. Ideally you never edit these files since we'll continue to overwrite them with updates and changes that we need to make. If you can provide a diff of what you changed then we might be able to add a way to maintain those changes on upgrade. Or just add new config items so those changes are known to the Zimbra system.
Phantasmagoria
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Phantasmagoria »

For web.xml and server.xml I need to change the port, becasue my isp blocked port 80...
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="Phantasmagoria"]For web.xml and server.xml I need to change the port, becasue my isp blocked port 80...[/QUOTE]
Ok that's what I expected and we've got an open issue to make the port a question in the installer. What about the other files you've changed?
Phantasmagoria
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Phantasmagoria »

For main.cf, I need input smtp sasl password line to send out email, because my ISP must use smtp login/password to send email and must use their smtp server because isp blocked port 25...and I must set relay host too.

Set mailbox_size_limit line, I dunno Zimbra default setting...

Set mynetworks, mydestination...etc...seems If I not set I cannot receive email...
Maybe those settings can set elsewhere in Zimbra, please advise...
bobby
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by bobby »

there is a feature request for configuration (and persistence through upgrade) of smtp auth for the relay host (bug 4963)