Zimbra restart command?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
goetzi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zimbra restart command?

Post by goetzi »

Hi,
just a little question, but I ask it anyway. Is there a command to restart the zimbra server? I am currently working on the german language files, so i have to restart Zimbra very often. I only know the possibility with "zmcontrol stop" and "zmcontrol start".
It would be useful if I could do this with one command.
goetzi
dijichi2
Elite member
Elite member

Zimbra restart command?

Post by dijichi2 »

/opt/zimbra/bin/zimbra restart (as root)
goetzi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zimbra restart command?

Post by goetzi »

[quote user="dijichi2"]/opt/zimbra/bin/zimbra restart (as root)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It works fine :)
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zimbra restart command?

Post by 14319KevinH »

If you are doing lang files you just need to restart Tomcat. That will be faster. As zimbra run:
/opt/zimbra/bin/tomcat restart

BTW: If you are setup in dev mode(ie from CVS) you can do this with just dev-sync ANT target. It will touch the right files to trigger the lang files to reload.
goetzi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zimbra restart command?

Post by goetzi »

[QUOTE] If you are doing lang files you just need to restart Tomcat. That will be faster. As zimbra run:
/opt/zimbra/bin/tomcat restart

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It is really much faster :)
[QUOTE]BTW: If you are setup in dev mode(ie from CVS) you can do this with just dev-sync ANT target. It will touch the right files to trigger the lang files to reload.[/QUOTE]

As I have very little time ATM I didn't try the CVS version yet. Still running the Network Edition Beta.

I didn't find much about this "dev mode" on the forums. What is it?
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zimbra restart command?

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="goetzi"]I didn't find much about this "dev mode" on the forums. What is it?[/QUOTE]
Basically means your building/deploying from Eclipse or the like. So you'd have your own local copy of the source and use the manager app in Tomcat to live deploy new versions. ZimbraServer/docs/INSTALL.txt has some data on this. You'd get this from CVS or the Source download. In general you don't want to setup this way on a production server but it works much better for development.