Zimbra GA-156 Unable to open Admin console

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

I've just done an upgrade to the GA release and I can't get the admin console to load, I'm using https://servername:7071 and I get the following error:

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at servername:7071

Nothing has changed on this server and it has no firewalls installed, what's next? :(
[edit]

This is a port conflict that was fixed by stopping Apache and stopping/starting tomcat. Although I had Apache running with the previous version of Zimbra and there was a conflict with port 443 Zimbra still managed to get the Admin console. In this release something has changed and it won't work unless port 443 is changed for Zimbra. Ooops, sorry about the panic. :o
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Post by marcmac »

Is tomcat running? Can you get to the mail app? What does zmcontrol status say?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Yes, tomcat is runnin and I can get to mail and zmcontrol says that everything is running OK.
I don't really consider this a problem anymore. I've just finished changing the ports for Apache on this server and changed Zimbra to use it's default ports, that seems the easiest for me. It's all working fine with Apache running on ports 8080 & 8443. If you want me to try again with the settings I had I'll be happy to change back if it helps you debug the problem.
Now all I need is to get the server statistics working and I'll be happy. I'm following the thread you have with rhostager about the statistics problem and I'll tag some more information on that thread later when I've had a chance to dig through the details.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra