annoying redirect loop at user login

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
hps

Post by hps »

i did that, but in my web.xml are only 7 lines with allowed ports, changed all lines to 80, 443, 7070, 7443, 8080
After cleaning the cache in firefox and a restart of it i get the certificate POPUP and the login mask, when i set username and password firefox ends in a message "While trying to connect to the server the connection was resetted", and this hapens on all ports after editing the allowed ports
hps
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Well, several days ago I did an upgrade from the beta to GA_156 and my web.xml has eight lines with port 80 in them. There are slight differences though, Line 36 is this:

80, 443, 7070, 7443

and lines 86, 100, 114, 124, 134 and 163

80, 443, 7070, 7443, 7071

and line 154 is:

80, 443, 7070
If you're changing ports because you have another service on port 80 then you need to change the entry in those lines to 8080. That should work OK. Make sure that you're doing a search for '80' and you should find them all. ;)
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Post by marcmac »

In an effort to make this easier for you (!) we've started to rewrite web.xml on tomcat startup. If you want to change the webmail port from 80 to something else:

zmprov ms zimbraMailPort
Likewise,

zmprov ms zimbraMailSSLPort to change the ssl port.
hps

Post by hps »

Hi again
nothing of your tips works out to change the port to 8080.

If i change with zmprov nothing changed when i do a netstat -an, nothing listens on 8080

When i change the ports in server.xml and web.xml it will listen on port 8080 but i can't login, i get a neverending loading page and nothing goes on.

What can i do additional? Reinstall and choose a port at this time?
regards

hp
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Obviously when you made the change with zmprov you restarted Zimbra, didn't you? Have you upgraded to the GA version? Perhaps you could upgrade and change the ports then.
The tips here do work with Zimbra, there must be something you're missing.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
hps

Post by hps »

yes i restarted after every change. In my version the web.xml will also not rewritten from zimbra at startup - so it seems that there a different Versions.
And sure there is something missing, but what? ;-)

GA version? What do you mean?
regards

hp
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

GA is the General Availability version. There's also been an updated version released today.
I can't think what to suggest you doto fix this problem if you've followed the steps outlined. I'd download the current version and re-install, make sure you check through the settings and change the ports that you want and see how you get on with that. Post back with any more information after the update, don't forget a backup of the Zimbra folder if your data is important to you.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra