existing services

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
corefile

existing services

Post by corefile »

In the Quick start guide it says that if I already have mysql and httpd running I need to disable them before installation. I plan to change the default ports for zimbra during install so that I can run this on a server that I run my blog on, i.e. already have apache running and mysql.
I understand that I can change the default ports that zimbra uses so it can co-exist on a single server with my current running environment. I've done a search and have not found one post that has the guide or how-to for a current release of zimbra. Looking for an up2date howto on how to install zimbra from the start on a single server that already has an website (apache, mysql) environment. I think this is the majority of the situation for us "hobbyist".
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

existing services

Post by 14319KevinH »

The quick start guide is the how-to. You can now change the web port at install time. MySQL is already defaulted to a special port so that's ok. So there shouldn't need to be any other special changes.