Incorrect Aliases Display?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
sduensin

Post by sduensin »

I recently installed Zimbra on FC4. Clean install, nothing but Zimbra running. Everything went very smoothly until I started adding users.
My user account has a lot of aliases. I basically map "postmaster", "webmaster", "abuse", and a username for myself into each domain. Everything seems to be OK in the Aliases tab of my account.
However, when I go to view the Aliases list under the Addresses tab in the administrator interface, I find my aliased names in the wrong domains!
For example, say I have "joe_user@domain1" and "scott@domain2" along with all the postmaster/webmaster/abuse/etc. aliases. I end up with things like "joe_user@domain2" and "postmaster@domain3" (where domain3 shouldn't have any users in it yet!).
What is going on here? This is (so far) the only reason I'm not deploying Zimbra on my network!
Thanks!
Scott
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Post by marcmac »

Is this a repost? I think we just saw this question.
Does domain2, domain3 exist in zimbra?
How are you creating the aliases?
Are you selecting the domain under which to create the alias at creation time?
sduensin

Post by sduensin »

Is it a duplicate? I searched and didn't see anything relating to this.
To answer, yes, the other domains existed before I started adding aliases. All the aliases were added under the Alias tab in the user's account.
Scott
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Post by marcmac »

I just tested this on my system, and it worked fine - I select "add alias", put in the address, select the domain, and save.