Tomcat hanging

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Morg0

Tomcat hanging

Post by Morg0 »

When zimbra started hanging it was showing that mta and mailbox had stopped. Then last week it was still hanging(approx every 24 hours) but for some reason it was showing all services as still running. Last week when it was hanging the connection to the net deffinetly was not dropping out every day.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Tomcat hanging

Post by 14319KevinH »

Every 24hrs... At the same time each day?
Morg0

Tomcat hanging

Post by Morg0 »

Hi Kevin,
Last week was deffinitely around the same time every morning. Has just hung again and here is the log
Paul
catalina.out.tgz
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Tomcat hanging

Post by 14319KevinH »

We passed your log around engineering and had a couple long shot ideas:
- What version of CentOS are you on? 2.4 or 2.6 kernel?

- Any issues with DNS or network timeouts? This may cause problems with our config poller.
- Anything in /var/log/messages ?
Morg0

Tomcat hanging

Post by Morg0 »

Kevin,
Centos is 2-6-9-22 el. Antispam and Antivirus stopped today just for something different.

I have attached portion of var/log/messages. DNS points to isp's dns server. MX records with different provider. Look ups are fast and dont seem to have any issues there. Only here for another hour today then I will be away for a week for easter break. Will have to get a staff member to restart server when it hangs. I will repost soon as I return. Thanks for your patience. I appreciate it.
Paul
VarLogMessages070406.txt
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Tomcat hanging

Post by 14319KevinH »

Ok.. if we think of anything else we'll post it. We should have a new release out soon so maybe an upgrade will help solve this. We've fixed some deadlocks and some memory issues but your case doesn't seem to be any of those.
Morg0

Tomcat hanging

Post by Morg0 »

Hi Kevin

Back from Easter Break, Zimbra only went down once. I have noticed that the imap clients other than outlook give a lot of trouble. I have tried several different clients incl. firebird, outlook express, opera, pocomail etc. One mail account in particular downloads mail ok when you first the account up, then each time after that it downloads the inbox again so that I always have two copies of each message in the inbox. I have lost the link to the network developer downloads, could you give it to me please.
Paul
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Tomcat hanging

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="Morg0"]I have lost the link to the network developer downloads, could you give it to me please.[/QUOTE]
You can get the latest link to the Network via the Support portal. If you didn't get a login yet please email sales your contact info and they can enable you.
Morg0

Tomcat hanging

Post by Morg0 »

Hi Kevin, Upgraded to latest version and received this error. Is it important ?
UpgradeError.txt
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Tomcat hanging

Post by 14319KevinH »

Yes ;)
Means MySQL wasn't running when the database tried to upgrade.