How to Copy All Outgoing Mail

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
macguru

Post by macguru »

Hi,
Anyone can suggest me how to instruct Zimbra to copy all outgoing mail (sent through both Zimbra web client and native programs like AppleMail, KMail), to certain folder, for example "Outgoing-Archive-2006".
Does this require manual editing of Postfix main.cnf? What happen if I change something in Zimbra options, or upgrade it? Will Zimbra install script preserve my options or they will be overwritten with the default ones?
Thanks in advance
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

For all users? Or just one user?
macguru

Post by macguru »

For selected users, or if its not possible or too difficult, for all.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

Well you can add the alwaysBcc attr on the user and postfix will copy all mail to a separate mailbox. Not a folder but at least you get a copy. As part of our archiving and compliance work copy to a folder should be easier.
macguru

Post by macguru »

Sorry, nowhere found "alwaysBcc" in prefs dialogs.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

It's on the page when you do a reply or new mail - addBCC just by the addresses you enter, you'll need to click on it to add the BCC address. That is unless KevinH is talking about a specific Postfix option.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
macguru

Post by macguru »

Thanks, but Its not what I have been looking for, because it should be done always and by default no matter where e-mail is being sent from - Zimbra web front-end or native e-mail client.
I know that there are Postfix options that will do exactly what is required (it was working with my previous Postfix setup), but Zimbra overwrites Postfix configs, so may be its possible to adjust respective Postfix options with zmprov command?
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

For now you need to add it at the postfix level. We don't expose this via Zimbra config today.
macguru

Post by macguru »

Which files can be safely edited in Postfix so they will not be overwritten with Zimbra?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="macguru"]Which files can be safely edited in Postfix so they will not be overwritten with Zimbra?[/QUOTE]

Have a look here don't forget that they'll be ovrewritten on upgrade but this will change.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra