My Mail Server Problem...

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
nazeeronline

Post by nazeeronline »

Hello,
In the quickstart documentation, I found that the Zimbra Server can be run on a minimum 128kbps Connection
I am currently having 256kbps connection via a Router and All Portforwarding is set properly...
The problem with my mail server is that, the people having slow internet connections are not able to access my server at all..

====================

The connection was reset The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. * The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. * If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection. * If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy,

======================
And for those who have good connection it takes 30-55 Seconds to load the initial login screen...
Can anyone tell where the problem is.. because, I am not using the bandwidth also..
My Zimbra is installed on Fedora Core 4
Thanks
Nazeer
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

I presume that Zimbra works correctly from you LAN? Do you have any firewall on your server that may cause this type of problem? How are they trying to access the server is it via IMAP, browser (IE or FF) or POP3?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
nazeeronline

Post by nazeeronline »

Hello,
The Firewall of FC4 is already OFF and the SE Linux Feature is also Disabled.
I have SPI Firewall enabled in my Router through which I have connected the Zimbra Mail Server.
Do u think the SPI Firewall is causing problem?
Also, Should the 256kbps line ok.. or I need a better Connection, I am not expecting more users concurrently connecting to my mail server right now..
Does it really needs that a Mail Server should be connected directly via a dedicated internet connection, or connecting via Router is not a problem.
Thanks
Nazeer
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Hi
You should have no problems connecting to the server from behind a NAT router if you have all the required ports forwarded.
It's possible that the SPI firewall may be causing you problems, can you disable it for a test? Can you get to the server from another PC on the LAN? Can you also get to Zimbra from the server it's installed on? Do both of those tests work correctly?
A 256k line should be OK, I assume you mean 256k upload speed? That works OK for my server.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
bobby
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by bobby »

do you have client browsers set to use the cache? the web client will load faster if the interface bits are cached locally.
also, a few people have mentioned increasing the script timeout in firefox:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showpost.p ... ostcount=5