www Port Conflict/Changing Zimbra Apache Setting

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="raph"]where can i find more info about the zmprov command seems quite usefull but when i run it with -h argument it doesnt seems to give me all the options[/QUOTE]

Have a look in the Admin Guide Appendix B. If you don't know what the options are how do you know there's some info missing from using 'zmprov -h'? Which options are you interested in?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
raph

Post by raph »

changing the ldap port to run side by side with open directory
raph

Post by raph »

i was thinking about this and i dont think the ldap port is stroed inside the ldap database, so where could it be ?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

No, I don't think that port address is stored as it's the default listening port for LDAP. I think the usual place for making that sort of change is slapd.conf but they may be a slapd command line option - those changes would be overwritten at every Zimbra upgrade though. I'm no expert on openladp and I'd wait for one of the zimbra guys to give you some advice before making any changes to the config.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
raph

Post by raph »

i tried changing it from the installation process but it still listens on port 389 and it must be in many config files, right now i am think about running this on a different ip adress how would i configure ldap to listen lets say on 192.168.1.3 (the machine being 192.168.1.2) i would need open directory to listen only on 192.168.1.2 and zimbra to listen on 192.168.1.3 i wonder if this would work...
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

At this time LDAP is hard coded to 389 in a few scripts so you can't change it from 389. We also don't have the ability to bind to a separate IP.