Nerd Vittles AsteriDex Zimlet?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
cosmicwombat

Post by cosmicwombat »

I am starting to look at how AsteriDex works and concurrently looking at how Zimlets are created. Zimlets are a sort of extension for the Zimbra server. I am evaluating Zimbra for for use as a school district administrative staff collaboration system.

I got to thinking, could I make a Zimlet access AsteriDex? Well, the jury is still out on that one. Nonetheless, I thought I'd start by asking have anyone looked at Zimbra and Zimlets?

At this point I have AsteriDex running in a AAH 2.7/1.2.7.1/FreePBX2.0.1/Dynamic UI 2.0 production system. I also have Zimbra network version on RHEL 4, and OSS version 3.1 on SuSE 10.
Link for AsteriDex

Robert.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

We actually have a Zimlet in the next release (after 3.1) that will include this ability. You can click to call, drag a contact to call, or drag a meeting. It can even bridge conf calls via Asterisk.
cosmicwombat

Post by cosmicwombat »

I am willing to experiment. I need only a little guidance on getting the CVS or SVN version that will run the current zimlet.
I like to be able to push calls to cell phones too.
Robert.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

Yes we use it for cell phones already, cell to cell, cell to desk ,etc. You can get it from our CVS:
http://cvs.zimbra.com:8080/viewrep/zimbra_main
cosmicwombat

Post by cosmicwombat »

Kevin, I switch between Mac OS X, Windows, various flavors of Linux too much. I am not getting my head around using CVS. I want to install on SuSE 10. Just point me in the right direction and I am sure I'll remember what to so.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

Well the *easy* thing would be to wait a week or two for our dev builds of the next release. This way you don't have to try and compile things yourself. Our source build is pretty complex as you need to get the source for many 3rd party components. If you want to take that path here's a place to start:

There">http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=793
There is a how-to in ZimbraServer/docs
cosmicwombat

Post by cosmicwombat »

Kevin, I think that I will wait. I am attending an IT sumit 1st week of May. I hope to show Asterisk@Home and Zimbra in BOF sessions.
Robert