Starting ZCS in SuSE SLES9 - NO UI - NO TOMCAT

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
VictorMedina

Post by VictorMedina »

Hi guys!
I just wanted to ask if somebody finally have a solution for tomcat no starting after a clean reboot. I have reinstalled many times, the installer correctly starts everything nicely, but after a **clean** shutdown (zmcontrol stop) zcs just stops working it would not start the admin console and niether the user web ui... what am i doing wrong? i am starting it using zmcontrol start, everything seems to be working ok.. spamd is working, apache is working, mysql is working but java and tomcat do not seems to work. I run zmfixperms, i have tried running tomcat manually (tomcat start) i just doesn't seem to work.
please give me a hand with this! :)
best regards!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Is there anything in the logs to indicate a problem? Are you stopping/starting the servers as the zimbra user? After a reboot do a 'zmcontrol status' and see which services are actually stopped and post the details. Is everything running on standard ports, did you make any changes to the zimbra config at install time?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra