Recipient Address Rejected from email client

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
gunkmail

Post by gunkmail »

I recently moved a fully functional installation to a new domain and on a new WAN and LAN IP. It is the current ZCS 3.1 installation on SUSE 10.0
Since the change of hostname and IP address I have been able to make the majority of the installation functional again. However I am unable to send from an email client continually getting the recipient address rejected.
I have SMTP auth enabled and have tested by entering an invalid set of credentials and it returns an authentication error.
The MTA TLS authentication only is off. When i turn it on i receive an Entourage does not support any of the available authentication methods.
Another weird effect of the move is that the /var/log/zimbra.log is now empty. I do have current entries inb the /opt/zimbra/log/zimbra.log file but they only relate to info and imapsslserver connections. No mention of failed SMTP attempts.
when i run postconf is see the mydestination includes $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost
I do not want to change this without further knowledge as i don't want to enable a spam relay server. Is this where my issue is?
My networks includes 127.0.0.0/8 and 192.168.46.0/24 The mail server is by itself on this network so i have not tested local sending. Sending works fine from the webmail client so i think that appropriatly tests the local sending.

thanks alot
gunkmail

Post by gunkmail »

I have been able to restore logging by restarting the server. The log file give me a NOQUE: reject: RCPT from externalsendinghostname.isp.com[68.242.x.x]: 550 : Recipient address rejected: isp1.com; from= to= proto=ESMTP helo=
gunkmail

Post by gunkmail »

ok now i feel dumb -- TLS = SSL. I guess i just never got the right combination before. On Evolution there was an option for TLS and when that worked I went back to OSX and tried Entourage with SMTP requires SSL and lo and behold. Thanks for reading!!!