Away message filtering

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
PNE
Advanced member
Advanced member

Away message filtering

Post by PNE »

Is there an option to send "away messages" based on sender address? For example - I am getting notification e-mails from some daemons and of course there is no need to send back away messages. It would be great if there was a chance to create sender lists of never-send-back-away-messages and/or always-send-back-away-messages. What do you think of it? I hope it is descripted clearly (English is not my native).
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Away message filtering

Post by 14319KevinH »

I can see a use case for an exclude list or something like that. Please file it in bugzilla.
dwmtractor
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Away message filtering

Post by dwmtractor »

Did a bug ever get filed on this? I'm not finding it in my search, and if we don't have it coming anyway, I'll file an RFE. My thought is that at a minimum the user should be able to specify his own subscribed mailing lists to exclude from autoresponse at the same time (and in the same place) where s/he turns on and off the away message.
If there is a more automated method that's possible--for example, exclude any message that's a bcc from autoresponse, that would be even better. Do I need to file this, or do I need to learn how to search Bugzilla better? :D
PNE
Advanced member
Advanced member

Away message filtering

Post by PNE »

I have never filled this one as it was just a minor issue for me so go on if you want to.