No zimlets displayed in 3.2 M1/M2

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
8224pepijn

Post by 8224pepijn »

Having clean installed both M1 and M2 a few times since their respective release dates, I still have a problem with zimlets not displaying in the Web UI for any user. Afaik, the default install installs and enables 4 zimlets, which are also listed by zmzimletctl:
Installed Zimlet files on this host:

com_zimbra_date

com_zimbra_email

com_zimbra_phone

com_zimbra_url
Installed Zimlets in LDAP:

com_zimbra_date

com_zimbra_email

com_zimbra_phone

com_zimbra_url
Available Zimlets in COS:

default:

com_zimbra_date

com_zimbra_email

com_zimbra_phone

com_zimbra_url

However, none of them show up in the sidebar, as they do on my production 3.1.4 server (RHEL 4). This is the Mac OS X PPC 3.2 M2 release in a vanilla install state. I tried cycling tomcat a few times so far, but having made no other changes with zmzimletctl there was no change. Anyone else seeing this behavior? I can't test on another OS right now to compare. I'll file a bug if deemed necessary.
TIA,
pepijn
dkarp
Elite member
Elite member

Post by dkarp »

I don't believe that the date, email, url, and phone zimlets appear in the overview panel at left. Those four zimlets only affect the bodies of messages/contacts/etc.
8224pepijn

Post by 8224pepijn »

[quote user="dkarp"]I don't believe that the date, email, url, and phone zimlets appear in the overview panel at left. Those four zimlets only affect the bodies of messages/contacts/etc.[/QUOTE]
You're right, in all my testing I hadn't actually tried enabling a zimlet with a GUI I guess. I deployed the wikipedia zimlet in zimlets-extra and it showed up after a tomcat cycle. Thanks for the pointer.
pepijn