[SOLVED] Requires x64 and pricing?

Running our Appliance (ZCA), ZCS on VMware, or any other virtual machine software? Post your thoughts here.
yonatan
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by yonatan »

Got really excited to see the appliance launched, but it looks like I won't be able to use it! My server runs vSphere 4, but can't run 64bit guests due to the lack of Intel-VT.
Is the appliance 64bit only?
One more thing...is it correct that the appliance is free to use beyond the 60 day trial for 10 users or less?
Thanks
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="yonatan"]Got really excited to see the appliance launched, but it looks like I won't be able to use it! My server runs vSphere 4, but can't run 64bit guests due to the lack of Intel-VT.
Is the appliance 64bit only?[/QUOTE]Yes and all Zimbra Server products will eventually be 64bit only.
[quote user="yonatan"]One more thing...is it correct that the appliance is free to use beyond the 60 day trial for 10 users or less?
Thanks[/QUOTE]This quote is from the Pricing page:
[QUOTE]Zimbra Collaboration Suite Appliance (ZCA)

Zimbra Appliance Basic Edition
ZCA Basic Edition is a free email and collaboration solution designed for deployment on VMware vSphere to provide effortless administration. It is a software-only package for up to 10 mailboxes and NO Zimbra Support. Zimbra Mobile is included (without BlackBerry support). Additional mailbox licenses cannot be added, nor can Zimbra Archiving and Discovery.[/QUOTE]
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
yonatan
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by yonatan »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]Yes and all Zimbra Server products will eventually be 64bit only.
Thanks for your quick reply! It's a shame that I can't use it :(