ZCA 7.1.1 beta 2 fails initial configuration

Running our Appliance (ZCA), ZCS on VMware, or any other virtual machine software? Post your thoughts here.
yonatan
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by yonatan »

I thought I'd give the new appliance a try, but after several attempts I still can't get past the initial configuration stage!
See my screenshot for the error message.
The whole Zimbra appliance story sure doesn't instil any confidence in its use over a "traditional" installation!
Screen shot 2011-09-21 at 23.09.50.png
yonatan
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by yonatan »

It's been 24 hours since I created this thread. Surely someone from Zimbra must have seen this and can respond. As a Zimbra employee wrote:
"We pulled the original beta because of quality issues. "
Well, I'm trying to evaluate the new beta that was released and I'm already encountering "quality issues"!
Please respond! :mad:
yonatan
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by yonatan »

Has Zimbra left the building?!! What's the point of releasing a beta if you're not going to respond to beta testers?!
Looking at other threads I'm not the first to comment on Zimbra's lack of presence and response.
1542brian
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 1542brian »

Yonatan,
We'll likely need additional information about your deployment, including the ESXi/vCenter versions you are using. Ideally if you could file a bug with that screenshot as well as the contents of /var/log/syslog, that would help us improve the quality of the deployment.