ZCA- Error Opening Console After Install

Running our Appliance (ZCA), ZCS on VMware, or any other virtual machine software? Post your thoughts here.
13641Calmetrics

Post by 13641Calmetrics »

Hello,
I created a Zimbra VM using the OVF Package. The VM appears to have been created successfully. However, when I open the Zimbra VM's Console, I get the error "This Kernal requires an x86-64CPU..." I have attached a screen shot. I've also attached the spec of the ESXi Server, which has Zeon chips which are apparent 664 bit. I do not know why I would be getting this error.
Any insight?
Thanks!
Jason
error1.png
ServerSpec.png
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="13641Calmetrics"]I created a Zimbra VM using the OVF Package. The VM appears to have been created successfully. However, when I open the Zimbra VM's Console, I get the error "This Kernal requires an x86-64CPU..." I have attached a screen shot. I've also attached the spec of the ESXi Server, which has Zeon chips which are apparent 664 bit. I do not know why I would be getting this error.
Any insight?[/QUOTE]Do you actually run any other 64bit guest VMs on this server? Allthough the hardware is 64bit for ESXi installs my suspicion would be that the hardware doesn't support 64bit guest VMs, you need to check the compatibility and a visit to a Dell forum would be the best place for an answer.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
13641Calmetrics

Post by 13641Calmetrics »

Thanks. The VM Server is only 32bits.