ZCA 7.1.1 multi server installation issue

Running our Appliance (ZCA), ZCS on VMware, or any other virtual machine software? Post your thoughts here.
dartbruise

Post by dartbruise »

Hi everyone, I'm trying to make multi server setup of ZCA 7.1.1 on vSphere 4.1.
I deployed a VM from OVA template, then cloned it to template. Ran deployed VM, it starts fine, I can log in to setup console and even performed single server installation without any issue. But I'm interested in multi server setup as my company has about 3000+ mailboxes and growing.
So when I'm choosing, multi server setup I pass all the steps in setup console, choose 4 servers and stuff, and run the process of installation. Progress starts, I can see in vCenter that vSphere creates first VM ldapmaster from template. After it finishes progress goes for some time notifying 'Configuring nodes' and stops with message Deployment: ERROR. I end up with ldapmaster VM in vCenter inventory and with message in /tmp/logproccess.out:
[QUOTE][] INFO: I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused

[] INFO: Retrying request

ERROR: zclient.IO_ERROR (invoke Connection refused, server: localhost) (cause: java.net.ConnectException Connection refused)

[/QUOTE]
and in /tmp/ovftool.log:

[QUOTE]Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/fling2/vimhelper.py", line 208, in

vmdefaultConfig = vm.config

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'config'

[/QUOTE]
Could someone please point me where else I can check logs for more information? Also, message in ovftool.log makes me think that it can be wrong version of python or of one of it's plugins. Any thoughts on that?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="dartbruise"]Hi everyone, I'm trying to make multi server setup of ZCA 7.1.1 on vSphere 4.1.[/QUOTE]The ZCA is a single server set-up.
[quote user="dartbruise"]I deployed a VM from OVA template, then cloned it to template. Ran deployed VM, it starts fine, I can log in to setup console and even performed single server installation without any issue.[/QUOTE]You can't do this, in any case what you're doing sounds like multiple servers not a multi-server configuration.
[quote user="dartbruise"]But I'm interested in multi server setup as my company has about 3000+ mailboxes and growing.[/QUOTE]Then you should use the normal ZCS install to create a multi-server configuration.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
dartbruise

Post by dartbruise »

Thanks for the reply. So basically when you log in to the setup console on 5480 port the wizard only works for single node installation but it can't perform multi node installation, guided or advanced, am I understanding this right? Why this wizard was even performed then?
dartbruise

Post by dartbruise »

I think now that there probably was a miscommunication. I'm not trying to set up appliance on multiple ESXi hosts, I'm trying to do this on one ESXi host but with multi node configuration. To have few virtual servers running different roles of Zimbra.