Some more functional observations

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
16117Suvendu

Post by 16117Suvendu »

Hi Zimbra Team
I hope these items are under your To-do list too..
1. drag and drop for appointment items in the calendar

2. Can you keep relationship between mail and appointment when the appt. is created from the mail. This is one of the missing functionality in most of the collaboration tools.

3. In meeting schedule click to add name is not working..it should able to pull out names from the contact list.

4. Can I tag an item as a task - thus creating a task/ appointment ?
Hope to get a response from Zimbra team.
thanks
Suvendu
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="16117Suvendu"]Hi Zimbra Team
I hope these items are under your To-do list too..
1. drag and drop for appointment items in the calendar[/QUOTE]

Done! See the next build.

[quote user="16117Suvendu"]

2. Can you keep relationship between mail and appointment when the appt. is created from the mail. This is one of the missing functionality in most of the collaboration tools.

[/QUOTE]

In our system they are one in the same. The e-mail is the appointment. Try it out and let us know what you think.

3. In meeting schedule click to add name is not working..it should able to pull out names from the contact list.

[/QUOTE]

Yes this is fixed in the next build. It will work just like e-mail compose. Autoselect as you type from the address book or your GAL if it's configured.

4. Can I tag an item as a task - thus creating a task/ appointment ?

[/QUOTE]

Well we don't have tasks in the current system so not yet (It's on the roadmap). You can tag appointments but that won't make them a task.
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 15539sam »

[quote user="16117Suvendu"]Can you keep relationship between mail and appointment when the appt. is created from the mail. This is one of the missing functionality in most of the collaboration tools.

[/QUOTE]

Can you expand on this please? What is it that you want? IE, do you want to go directly from an invite email to the appointment? Do you want to find all the invite emails for a particular appointment?