Debian Port update?

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
soundmaster80

Debian Port update?

Post by soundmaster80 »

I am very curious about the status of a debian port from any user. I understand that yeslinux was looking to use this, as are several others waiting. Personally, this software blows anything i've found for webmail/calander out of the water. And just being in beta, this in my opinion has a real shot at bringing *nameless* proprietary software down, if developed right. I have been so impressed with this software I decided to try an RPM based distro again (fedora core 4). However, I have had various issues with just fedora itself so i'm close to formatting the install and never touching rpm's again (no offence to any rpm lovers, you can't help it your unenlightened...it's ok) :) . I would be willing to wait for a debian port if one is in the works. if so, is there a roadmap, or even a ballpark time when you are hoping one is availible.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Debian Port update?

Post by 14319KevinH »

It's hard to say exactly when, but knowing the amount of effort it is to get it *right* it will still be sometime. I'm sure there are some guru's out there that could get it to work earlier, but to have it fully packaged and complete will be sometime. Sorry I can't be more specfic but we've got alot of cool things we are working on. I put up a quick poll to see what other's think.
http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthread.php?p=451