CalDAV support in Zimbra 5

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

Sure-

I'm gonna have to get in touch with the web team. It may be on there in preparation of the 5.0 launch, but 4.5 only supports calDav standards up to iCal.
Bummer, I know. It really should just say 5.0, and I'll let the team know.
Now, 5.0 (RC2 and Hosted Demo included) works rather well. We were just playing with it today.
5.0 is still on track for Dec.
shawnlhood

Post by shawnlhood »

Any update on this would be appreciated. Our organization has a 250 seat license and we're about to make some decisions based on the upcoming caldav support.
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

What kind of an update are you looking for? As I mentioned it will be supported in 5.0.

CalDAV with Leopard iCal - Zimbra :: Wiki
kfortune

Post by kfortune »

Please can someone from zimbra team confirm the following functionality of using CalDav with iCal when it arrives...
It refers to 'collaboration' in the Zimbra 5 wiki article on CalDav. Does this allow users to edit each others calendars via iCal if the relevant permissions have been enabled when sharing a calendar in the Zimbra webmail client?
Thanks Kev!
macdesign13

Post by macdesign13 »

I also would like to know how I can get all of my Zimbra shared calendars to show up in iCal 10.5
If I could get away from using a web browser for only that feature, I would upgrade everyone to 10.5 that is a user.
Any help would be great!
Thanks,

Kiar
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="macdesign13"]I also would like to know how I can get all of my Zimbra shared calendars to show up in iCal 10.5
If I could get away from using a web browser for only that feature, I would upgrade everyone to 10.5 that is a user.
Any help would be great!
Thanks,

Kiar[/QUOTE]
With the iSync connector (network edition) you can view shares no write. Not 100% sure but I think you can use CalDav (ZCS 5.0) for read/write of shared cals.
I can confirm that CalDav is part of ZCS 5.0 and has been test with the latest iCal 3.0 shipping in Mac OSX 10.5.1
macdesign13

Post by macdesign13 »

Can you provide a link on how to set up iCAl to view the sahres in 10.4 adn 10.5? I am going to be upgrading our Zimbra 4.5 to 5 at the end of this month.
Thanks!
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

iCal in 10.4 doesn't nativly support CalDAV.
Here's a link for 10.5:

CalDAV with Leopard iCal - Zimbra :: Wiki
15226MarS

Post by 15226MarS »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]Not 100% sure but I think you can use CalDav (ZCS 5.0) for read/write of shared cals.[/QUOTE]
Exactly this is what I am most interested in. :) Can anyone give me the answer to this question, please? Thank you!
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by davidfsmith »

[quote user="15226MarS"]Exactly this is what I am most interested in. :) Can anyone give me the answer to this question, please? Thank you![/QUOTE]
Am using it now, I can create / edit / delete entries for my calendars on the server, but can't do anything in iCal to entries in calendars that are shared into my account (even if I have full permissions and can create / edit / delete them through the webmail)
So I guess it is getting there....