Zimbra Thunderbird address book sync

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
753joho
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.0.9.GA.6191.NETWORK EDT

Post by 753joho »

Zindus is such a nice piece of work! Simple, functional, and clean.
Thanks!
ljm
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by ljm »

Just for the record, if anyone is curious why sync of birthday field between TB3 and Zimbra was added in 0.8.15 and will be removed in 0.8.16 it is because of the change in format of the Zimbra 6.x birthday field.
rrao
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by rrao »

[quote user="ljm"]Just for the record, if anyone is curious why sync of birthday field between TB3 and Zimbra was added in 0.8.15 and will be removed in 0.8.16 it is because of the change in format of the Zimbra 6.x birthday field.[/QUOTE]
PS: There is a bug related to this, it should soon be fixed (targeted version Zimbra 6.0.7)

[url=Bug 46570 – Birthdays are incorrectly formatted after upgrade to 6, preventing contact changes[/url]
ljm
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by ljm »

With Zimbra bug 46570 restoring the yyyy-mm-dd format for birthdays, 0.8.16 of the Zindus addon retains sync of the birthday field.
Users who entered a birthday using Zimbra versions 6.0-6.06 will be prompted to manually change their birthdays to yyyy-mm-dd.
mickier
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by mickier »

-Sorry for Reviving an old thread-
We rely on zindus all the time here, and I just wanted to list a couple of issues;

First, when I migrate a user from outlook, I export their addesses to csv, import them to zimbra, but when I try and zindus sync to Tbird, it complains since all dates are 0.0.0 - I have to edit the csv file and remove all the date columns first, then reimport to zimbra, and everything is cool...

Second, currently if I have 3 or 4 address books in Tbird, only the Personal address book syncs

Third, distribution lists don't come accross between zimbra and Tbird...
Not complaining - zindus is so beneficial to us! In fact, quite often, it's the final incentive that helps me convince users to abandon Outlook for Tbird. (that and tbird's great auto-sync of imap folders)
ljm
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by ljm »

Hi Mickler, about your second point, if you rename a Thunderbird addressbook from 'blah' to 'zindus/blah' then it'll sync with Zimbra.
mickier
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by mickier »

[quote user="ljm"]Hi Mickler, about your second point, if you rename a Thunderbird addressbook from 'blah' to 'zindus/blah' then it'll sync with Zimbra.[/QUOTE]
AHA!! I'll give it a try...
Thanks!!!!!
trironny

Post by trironny »

Hello My name is ronny,

i already using zindus and it's very great add ons and running well..

iam using zindus to sync with my zimbra server..

i need a little help that maybe zindus have a feature to delete the old email account in thunderbird when sync and change with the new one from my zimbra server..?
thanks 4 all

ronny tri
mickier
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by mickier »

Zindus will sync addresses between your local addressbook and zimbra, but it won't search out "old" email addresses in your addressbook and delete them...

It will make sure your local copy of the Global address book is up to date...
trironny

Post by trironny »

thanks mickier for quick reply...
is it possible for zindus that have a feature for one way sync ?

zimbra to tb or tb to zimbra and gmail to tb or tb to gmail..??
thanks 4 all

ronny tri