What is 5.0.h?

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
mclark

What is 5.0.h?

Post by mclark »

I watch pm.zimbra.com somewhat closely because we will be moving to version 5 soon. I notice a 5.0.h release that has a lot of features I'm particularly interested in (among others), namely:
- Ability to set priority/importance of an email

- Support for formatted signatures

- Zimbra Desktop

- Flexible free time view

- Spell check
What is 5.0.h? It says a 'release that has hosted features', and I am confused about that. The features above are important for any release of Zimbra, and I don't see how they are specific to a 'hosted' version. Some of these features are ones we lost in the move from GroupWise to Zimbra, and the 'hosted' thing has me concerned that we won't be seeing them in our 5.x NE version.
Thanks in advance for any clarification Zimbra folks can give...
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

What is 5.0.h?

Post by 14319KevinH »

It's just a way of organizing future releases. Some 5_0_x and 5_0_h are not tied to a patch release yet but in buckets for bugs and for customer requested features. So they may not even be in the same 5_0 patch release when they are completed. Just used for planning.
mclark

What is 5.0.h?

Post by mclark »

So release 5.0.h, or the features in it, will be a part of a future 5.0 NE release, right? In other words, they won't be some "special" build separate from NE or FOSS?