Zimbra calendar SOAP interface

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
ict4schools

Post by ict4schools »

I'm using the Zimbra SOAP API to get todays appointments. I do also want the instance details so I could use those to detect unique items.
I have, in the day on which i'm searching 5 appointments, but when I search I get only 1 appointment, not 5. Some recurring items are left out. But on some occasions (other dates for example), they are not left out. So I don't understand the behavior of the SearchRequest on the appointments.
This is my SOAP Request:

appt-start:11/19/2009 sort:dateasc

I do saw this note in the documentation:

***IMPORTANT NOTE: Calendar Items that have no instances within

that range are COMPLETELY EXCLUDED from the results (e.g. not even

an element>. Calendar Items with no data (such as Tasks

with no date specified) are included, but with no instance

information***

But because there are appointments on that day, I guess that they should not be excluded.
I see other people using GetApptSummariesRequest, but since the documentation says it's deprecated, I wanted to use SearchRequest, as it's mentioned. However I find it does not find all appointments.
Sorry for the lack of explaination, but at the moment I cannot do any better.
ict4schools

Post by ict4schools »

For the sake of debugging I have tried to use GetApptSummaryRequest, using the following request:

It gets me all the items (5 of them). But appart from the appointment, which was showed by the SearchRequest, the other items are empty. So I guess they do really don't have an instance between that start and end date.
How do I get all the appointments between begindate/time and enddate/time? With all items, even recurring?
G71

Re: Zimbra calendar SOAP interface

Post by G71 »

ict4schools wrote:For the sake of debugging I have tried to use GetApptSummaryRequest, using the following request:

It gets me all the items (5 of them). But appart from the appointment, which was showed by the SearchRequest, the other items are empty. So I guess they do really don't have an instance between that start and end date.
How do I get all the appointments between begindate/time and enddate/time? With all items, even recurring?

it's Maybe a my problem but I don't see the request... you too?