How to update zimbra 8.6 from source code?

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
chai65

How to update zimbra 8.6 from source code?

Post by chai65 »

I'm trying to custom zmprov command which require custom zimbrastore.jar.
I have a machine with zcs 8.6 GA installed and I build zimbrastore.jar file from source code (branch remotes/origin/judaspriest-860-foss).
I replaced: zimbrastore.jar in:
/opt/zimbra/lib/jars/
/opt/zimbra/jetty-distribution-9.1.5.v20140505/webapps/{zimbraAdmin, zimbra, service}/WEB-INF/lib/
where the file is placed before.

But when i start zimbra, it failed on Starting mta and postfix

How to update zimbra 8.6 from source code ?

Best Regards
Chai
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: How to update zimbra 8.6 from source code?

Post by phoenix »

I 'm not a developer but my guess is you'd need to build the complete package and do an upgrade from that, you can#t update individual packages/components.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
chai65

Post by chai65 »

phoenix wrote:I 'm not a developer but my guess is you'd need to build the complete package and do an upgrade from that, you can#t update individual packages/components.
Hi Bill,
Thanks for your reply.

You might be true but my built module (zimbrastore.jar) comes from same version (8.6) so I think it's not required to upgrade all package.
allenwood

Post by allenwood »

chai65 wrote:
phoenix wrote:I 'm not a developer but my guess is you'd need to build the complete package and do an upgrade from that, you can#t update individual packages/components.
Hi Bill,
Thanks for your reply.

You might be true but my built module (zimbrastore.jar) comes from same version (8.6) so I think it's not required to upgrade all package.
Hey Chai65,
Did you get your solution?