Creating shared calendars with CreateMountpointRequset

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
bnystrom

Creating shared calendars with CreateMountpointRequset

Post by bnystrom »

Hey there,

I am needing help successfully creating a shared calendar between users using the SOAP API without accepting an invite via email. Every time I make a request it gives me back a permissions denied response:

Code: Select all

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
    <soap:Header>
        <context xmlns="urn:zimbra">
            <change token="35"/>
        </context>
    </soap:Header>
    <soap:Body>
        <soap:Fault>
            <soap:Code>
                <soap:Value>soap:Sender</soap:Value>
            </soap:Code>
            <soap:Reason>
                <soap:Text>permission denied: you do not have sufficient permissions</soap:Text>
            </soap:Reas
            <soap:Detail>
                <Error xmlns="urn:zimbra">
                    <Code>service.PERM_DENIED</Code>
                    <Trace>qtp127618319-75131:1516982951044:f3cb648a3adc72bc</Trace>
                </Error>
            </soap:Detail>
        </soap:Fault>
    </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>
I assumed a permission denied response might have meant that my auth token wasn't good. So I tried using the admin's, the user who wants to share a calendar, and the user who the calendar will be shared with auth token. All had the same results. Now I'm wondering if I need more privileges with creating folders. I'm not sure though and there doesn't seem to be much information online.

This functionality works through the zimbra web UI with invitations, so there's something I'm not just not doing right. Can anybody help point me in the right direction?

What other things could a permission denied response mean?
bnystrom

Re: Creating shared calendars with CreateMountpointRequset

Post by bnystrom »

I ended up figuring it out. To save other people some trouble, basically you need to send a <FolderActionRequest/> and grant the user that you want the calendar to be shared with read permissions on the calendar. Then you can make the createMountpoint request. Make sure you have the correct authentication tokens.