Problems getting hold of the Source Code

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
Gareth Bult

Post by Gareth Bult »

Hi, I'm looking to do a little development work with Zimbra and thought I'd start by trying to compile up the source code, only to be stymied at the first hurdle - I can't seem to download it!
export P4PORT=codes.zimbra.com:2666

p4 -u public -P public1234 -c public-view sync -f //depot/zcs/IRONMAIDEN/...

Gives me;
Remote depot 'depot' database access failed.

TCP connect to perforce-zimbra.eng.vmware.com:1666 failed.

connect: perforce-zimbra.eng.vmware.com:1666: Connection refused
Can anyone point me in the right direction??
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="Gareth Bult"]Can anyone point me in the right direction??[/QUOTE]See this: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/announceme ... -soon.html
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Gareth Bult

Post by Gareth Bult »

Mmm, thanks for the reply .. what it seems to be saying is that currently the Open Source Zimbra source code is not actually available ..

Anyone have any idea when it's likely to come back ?? I know it says about a week, but the posting was well over a week ago ..
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="Gareth Bult"]Mmm, thanks for the reply .. what it seems to be saying is that currently the Open Source Zimbra source code is not actually available ..

Anyone have any idea when it's likely to come back ?? I know it says about a week, but the posting was well over a week ago ..[/QUOTE]Unfortunately there's no timeline on that announcement, you'll have to wait until the wiki page is updated to give you the access details to the new source code location.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
Gareth Bult

Post by Gareth Bult »

Mmm, given the trivial nature of providing the source code (!) this seems a little short-sighted.

So, Zimbra project -> Shelf .. Next ...
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="Gareth Bult"]Mmm, given the trivial nature of providing the source code (!) this seems a little short-sighted.[/QUOTE]They're having to move this to a new datacentre, is it really that difficult to be patient or understanding?
[quote user="Gareth Bult"]So, Zimbra project -> Shelf .. Next ...[/QUOTE]Short sighted. ;)
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
Gareth Bult

Post by Gareth Bult »

[QUOTE]Short sighted.[/QUOTE]

Erm, no busy and have to work for a living (!)
[QUOTE]They're having to move this to a new datacentre, is it really that difficult to be patient or understanding?[/QUOTE]

Moving a source archive between DC's takes more than a few hours .. seriously ?!

If they'd been hit by a Meteor I'd have a lot more sympathy, but randomly decided to take it down while people are trying to use it .. not terribly considerate (?) OR (?) not particularly interested in the Open Source aspect of the project.
5623ploeger
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 5623ploeger »

Hi!
If you're so desperate, you can also try the non-official github repo, which mirrors the source code (latest one from 14 days ago):
Kind">https://github.com/Zimbra-Community/zimbra-sources
Kind regards
Dennis
Gareth Bult

Post by Gareth Bult »

Yup, that would've been great! tvm.
grahamb
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by grahamb »

The unofficial git repo only has the 8.x line in it, and I need the 7.2.6 source. For an open source project it's pretty poor form to not have the source code available for download. I understand that there's a migration process to be done, but at the very least stick some tarballs of the supported versions up somewhere until the new git server is online.