Alfresco Zimlet (Beta)

Interested in talking about Mash-up's? This is the place.
yqu

Alfresco Zimlet (Beta)

Post by yqu »

Alfresco Zimlet provides integration between two leading open source solutions, Alfresco Enterprise Content Management and Zimbra Collaboration Suite. It was built on top of open technologies such as Alfresco Webscript, Zimbra Zimlet and YUI library.
It allows the end user to save incoming email attachments to the Alfresco ECM Server. The user is provided with the ability to select multiple Alfresco documents and attach them to outgoing emails. Links are provided for downloading Alfresco Documents when composing emails from within Zimbra. Alfresco Documents and features are surfaced as shortcut links within the Zimbra application. Widgets are provided for ease-of-use in Alfresco space selection and repository navigation. A simple installation and setup is provided.
Thanks!
Yong Qu
Alfresco Zimlet Installation Guide.pdf
alfzimlet_webscripts.zip
org_alfresco_zimbra.zip
Using Alfresco Zimlet.pdf
fselendic

Alfresco Zimlet (Beta)

Post by fselendic »

Tried it, but no luck, getting "Failed to Connect to Alfresco" all the time.

Using Zimbra desktop and Alfresco 3.0b/2.1.
Also, in org_alfresco_zimbra.js there is "for each" in line 453, resulting in error.
Service
Elite member
Elite member

Alfresco Zimlet (Beta)

Post by Service »

Hi,

I am just playing with saveAlfresco. I am trying to create some subspaces to my existing space and to save emails with attachments there. But I could not see any subspaces.

For example I could not see space: "/User Homes/myusername/MyMainSpace/MySubspace/MySubSubSpace".
Thus make some restrictions in using the zimlet. Is there any way to make it more useful?
Service
Elite member
Elite member

Alfresco Zimlet (Beta)

Post by Service »

I have played with saveAlfresco zimlet and found how to reproduce the issues I have mentioned above:

1. When I create via Alfresco Web GUI new space with name in Bulgarian (UTF-8, non cyrillic), the space is not accessible via saveAlfresco zimlet

2. When I mount alfresco space via cifs (mount.cifs) and I create space even with English name the name is not accessible via saveAlfresco zimlet.
I hope the plugin is still in development so my tests are helpful for you!
yqu

Alfresco Zimlet (Beta)

Post by yqu »

Hi, fselendic
It has only been tested on Zimbra Collaboration Suite not the Zimbra Desktop.
Yong
yqu

Alfresco Zimlet (Beta)

Post by yqu »

Hi, yyokov
Are you talking about the Alfresco Zimlet (beta) or the saveAlfresco zimlet that was developed by starxpert ?
Yong
Service
Elite member
Elite member

Alfresco Zimlet (Beta)

Post by Service »

I am sorry this was the wron place for the post.

But I have also tried to install your plugin. Unfortunately it doesn't work on ZCS-5.0.10/CentOS-5.2 x86_64.

If you have plans to debug it I can help you with tests.
yqu

Alfresco Zimlet (Beta)

Post by yqu »

what error did you get? I have noticed that for installation, you might need to upload the zip file to Zimbra server. Unzip it and change all files/folders' owner to zimbra and then zip it again and make the owner as zimbra. then deploy it using command line.
Yong
Service
Elite member
Elite member

Alfresco Zimlet (Beta)

Post by Service »

Hi ygu,
I have followed the steps you recommend, but I have no luck. I can find any error messages.

When I press the right mouse button on the plugin, it displays the menu, but nothings happened when I select any of the three options, even the "Visit Alfresco" option.

Please advise me where to get logs from and if you need someone to test your plugins I will do that for you.
Regards,

Yovko Yovkov
yqu

Alfresco Zimlet (Beta)

Post by yqu »

1) Logon your zimbra server and undeploy the zimlet

2) Create a folder called _dev under

/opt/zimbra/mailboxd/webapps/service/zimlet/

then create org_alfresco_zimbra under the _dev folder

and then unzip the zimlet zip file to that org_alfresco_zimbra folder

Once you unzip the files, run following commands

chown zimbra /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/webapps/service/zimlet/_dev/org_alfresco_zimbra

chown zimbra /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/webapps/service/zimlet/_dev/org_alfresco_zimbra/*

The above approach actually deployes the zimlets as dev mode so no restart is needed.